WWW.SKULLFORGESCENICS.ETSY.COM

Friday, February 3, 2017

Space Marine Scouts and Stuff

I took a break from resin casting and terrain commissions to work on a personal project that wasn't painting bones. The impending new edition of 40K and plastic Sisters of Battle has me thinking about my Black Templars again. These scouts have been in a state of near-completion for years. I knocked out the skin, hair, and metal, added some static grass, and voila!

 

 

 

My Inquisitor-scale Sister of Battle was in the same miniatures case. I don't think I've ever posted pictures of her, so I took a few shots while photographing the scouts. The model is converted from the Inquisitor daemon huntress, with some parts from Eisenhorn and other assorted parts.


 

This model was made around 2003 or 2004 and has a definite "kitbash" quality to it. The breastplate is some of my early sculpting work. I'd love to remake this model with my current sculpting & conversion ability. 


 

 

 

I've also been working on the Hexwraiths. The grass attachments have been covered up with sculpted ethereal mist.


 

All of the rough spots on the leader horses have been patched up with mist. I'm planning to sculpt more robes and mist to cover the chainmail. Once the horses are finished it will be on to the riders.


 

And finally, a surprise was waiting for me in my mailbox today. I had entered my Nagash model in the Warhammer Community painting competition back in December and won. Woohoo! I got the Skaven Bloodbowl team for a prize. I'm looking forward to painting these guys.


 

'Til next time!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome work on the Inquisitor scale Sister, really impressive!
    Also, well done on winning the blood bowl team, can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work on that sister. Pistols are from the chaos magos? I have the daemon huntress figure kicking around too, I should really do something with it. (current ebay prices suggest sell it!)

    And congrats on the win, those Skaven should be great fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to look it up-- The guns and sword were from the Sister Repentia figure.

      Delete

All comments are moderated. Any comments containing links will not be approved and will be marked as spam.